is a product-centric, technology consultancy for both VC funded start-ups and large, established companies across the US and Europe. We’re also a product incubator with our own applications and B2B SaaS platform. As long-term partners to our clients, we’ve played a critical role in their growth- both through the products we co-create and the expertise and processes we bring. Proudly remote first since 2013, we’re a close-knit team of 75, working in fast-moving, cross-functional agile pods to solve interesting technical challenges and drive real business impact. What's it like to be an Engineer at Whitespectre?
- All of our engineers are sharp technical experts with the ability to think like product owners - being able to advocate for code quality as a long-term strategic investment while knowing when to adapt a more start-up mentality to deliver rapid business value. They work with the team to make architecture and implementation decisions, and stay up to date with the latest technologies and approaches.
- Our Frontend engineers live and breathe pixel perfect design, highly performant frontend implementations and are always implementing for multiple devices.
- Whitespectre projects use a fully-modern tech stack- toolset includes Node.js/Express, ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, Shopify, REST/GraphQL, Rails, Postgres, Elastic, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
- The majority of our projects involve building greenfield applications and our delivery teams typically own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- You can read more about life in our engineering team in this blog post by our Senior Engineer, Eneko.
- Competitive salaries, with payment in USD
- Annual Performance & Salary Reviews, with structured, supported & proactive career management
- 20 Days PTO & 3 Charity Days annually
- Funded face-to-face meet ups in Barcelona, as well as South America and Asia
- Assisted Relocation package up to $5k
- Flexible working hours for efficient teaming in a 100% remote environment (proudly remote-first for 9 years!)
- Free English classes & educational expenses support
- Generous Employee Referral Plan
- Team Fitness and Charity Initiatives
In addition to the above benefits, we foster an inclusive working environment that provides:
This is the right position for you if want-
- Great company environment - check out Glassdoor
- On-going career guidance & support with your Capability Leader and Mentor working with you to achieve your goals
- Personalized onboardings
- Opportunity to contribute to company-level initiatives
- Work with a broad range of best-in-class technologies
- Cross-company knowledge groups - improve your expertise, share your learnings and work with different technologies and tools
- Regular brown bag learning sessions
- An emphasis on work-life balance
The “check the box” Requirements
- To build frontends on Shopify or other headless commerce platforms
- The challenge of collaborating with business stakeholders and Product Managers to advocate for technology solutions while bearing in mind the tradeoffs for business results
- The responsibility of designing new architectures and being confident to justify your technology decisions. (Plus debating and recognizing when a colleague has an even better idea!)
- The opportunity to go outside your core expertise and strengthen skills with other technologies and learn more
- An environment where excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are valued and honed.
- A culture where people from different backgrounds interact, collaborate and reach a shared goal
Interested in applying?
- Have worked on Shopify projects with multiple developers on the team
- Experience contributing to technical decision-making within a team
- Can work full-time with a significant crossover with the core hours: 11 am - 7 pm Central European Time
- Live outside of the US. Please, no recruitment agencies.
- Apply by completing the form below - and we’ll get back to you. Candidates enjoy meeting our FE Technical Leads, and discussing interesting coding challenges as part of our updated selection process.
- Or email us with any questions on [email protected]
- Our process includes the following:
- A 30 minute video call with our Talent Acquisition team to understand your experience & expectations
- A 60 minute technical interview including a live code working sessions with a lead engineer to explore your technical capabilities
- Final interview(s) with the company leadership to confirm fit & finalize your offer
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/whitespectre-experienced-frontend-react-shopify-developer