Headquarters: Online (Fully Remote) URL: https://supercast.com
Supercast is the leading subscription platform for audio. We're currently hiring a Software Developer. Read about our ideal candidate and if that's you...Apply today!Supercast is the leading subscription platform for audio. We make it easy for podcasters to earn recurring revenue, by delivering premium content to their most passionate fans.One of our newest customers achieved 10,000 subscribers in their first 2 days alone.Even Joe Rogan could have made more with paid subscriptions than he did in selling to Spotify, without giving up any independence, creative freedom, or audience reach.So, we’re on a mission to show podcasters how they can build immense value through subscriptions and that most of what they need is already waiting for them, untapped, within their highly-engaged audience. And that’s where you come in.As a Software Developer at Supercast, you participate in all parts of conceiving, designing, developing and deploying software. You’ll work with other Supercasters and our customers to design experiments and gather information on what to build, design how your solution will look and feel using a robust framework of UX patterns and elements, work at all layers of our technology stack to build new features, and help make your work a success through working with marketing and customer success to set success criteria and market your new functionality.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other departments and customers to define requirements for projects, set success criteria, and conduct A/B tests and other experiments to discover the best way to build new features.
- Design user experiences using a design framework - we don’t expect you to be a designer, but you should be comfortable with writing your own copy and mapping out user flows. We have a design framework that you can apply to your solutions.
- See your projects through to completion by defining success criteria, and keeping with your project until you hit them, working with marketing and customer success to help promote your new features until there’s uptake and happy customers using them.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’re more interested in building experiences than diving deep into technologies, and you seek out roles where you interact with other departments and customers regularly.
- 3+ years of experience working as a software developer, ideally in a small startup environment.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of podcasts (RSS feeds, dealing with media streaming in a web environment, experience integrating with podcast players) is a plus.
- Comfortable wearing a lot of hats, and occasionally acting in a product manager or design role, or working directly with customers for projects.
Why You'll Love Working At SupercastWe're a mission-led team that cares deeply about the customers that we serve, the way we build a product and a passionate team culture where we can do our best work together. We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company - everyone's voice counts.Supercast is a remote-first company. We believe in flexible working and encourage you to work where you feel most inspired, with a preference for work windows within 3 hours of Pacific Standard Time.As well as a competitive salary you’ll receive all the equipment you need to do a great job, full medical/dental benefits, generous paid vacation (we’ll insist you take at least 4 weeks) and exercise reimbursements to stay fit.We're backed by Tiny, a diverse family of companies that prides itself on crafting well-designed, wonderful internet experiences, including podcasting pioneers Castro, DoubleUp and Ride Home Media.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/supercast-software-developer-intermediate-senior