SchoolMaker is the best platform to host premium online courses.
Most online courses are just a series of videos. SchoolMaker is different: the videos are paired with a step-by-step progression system, a supportive community, and a coach to help you succeed.
Our clients are online teaching businesses. They use SchoolMaker to sell premium courses at premium prices and with great service.
Development started in March 2020 and we launched in November 2020. In the first week, we were able to get hundreds of paying customers. In 2021, we focused on building the best product possible, using feedback from our customers.
Currently, there is a team of 6 people working full-time on SchoolMaker.
So we're young - but we're growing fast!
Now, we need a great Full-Stack Engineer to join our Product Team.
This is a full-time, remote position.
You are responsible to ideate, build, and deploy software solutions.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you are part of the Product & Engineering team: a cross-functional team responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
You are comfortable with both Front-End and Back-End coding languages, frameworks, and libraries.
- Ideate software solutions (User Stories, wireframes, UI).
- Design and build appealing Front-End and robust Back-End software solutions.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases.
- Write comprehensive tests (system and functional).
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade the software.
- Write technical documentation.
- Contribute to the Research & Development efforts by building POC using new technologies.
Specific to this role:
- Mastery of Computer Science: you know multiple programming languages, you are comfortable solving algorithmic problems, you can evaluate the complexity of algorithms, etc.
- Ruby on Rails mastery.
- SQL mastery.
- HTML/CSS mastery.
- JS mastery.
- At least one Front-End framework mastery.
- Good understanding of design principles.
- Communication skills: as part of a remote team you know how important it is to communicate with other team members. Aware of Murphy's law; you prefer to over-communicate.
- Organizational skills: you know how much time you spend on a task, and you can prepare your day accordingly to meet planning expectations.
Specific to the company:
- Learning skills: education is sacred in our company. You never stop learning new things, and you enjoy sharing your expertise with others.
- Competitive spirit: in our company, we want to surpass ordinary standards. You set high standards for yourself, you have few goals, but they are exceptionally ambitious. You do not settle for status quo.
- Enthusiasm: do something you love, and you'll have a great life. You are passionate about your craft. It's no joke to you. You love what you do, and you could talk about it forever.
- Think critically: you are capable of critical thinking using the scientific method and First Principles. You do not blindly follow orders; you keep on challenging assumptions until you understand all the reasoning behind a decision.
- Team spirit: your communication skills are tremendous, and you enjoy a transparent working environment.
Why work with us?
- You'll have lots of autonomy to organize your projects and your working hours.
- You'll work with talented coworkers who get results.
- You'll contribute to making a little corner of online education much, much better.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/schoolmaker-full-stack-engineer-rails