Senior Software Engineer - Chicago, IL (Although can be remote)
I’m recruiting on behalf of one of my clients who are looking to grow their Engineering team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented team and help develop a brilliant SaaS based software solutions.
My client is looking to recruit an exceptional Software Engineer who has the technical skills and experience to help build their software suite. The ideal candidate will have good experience of building and scaling systems, practiced at designing and implementing cloud-native backend services, and has a strong sense of ownership. Ideally you will love to lead by example and enjoy helping design and develop the best solutions, setting the standards of excellence.
- Work across the stack, particularly the backend data, service layers, and AWS infrastructure to deliver new capabilities from start-to-finish
- Employ best practices and standard design patterns to simplify and accelerate development
- Lead technical architecture discussions, help drive technical decisions within the team, and then contribute to the implementation
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, & Support Engineering
- Conduct design and code reviews. Maintain high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
- Work with a modern stack: Java, AWS services, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, GraphQL, Mongo/Postgres, etc.
- Expert-level development skills in Java, Spring Framework, and SQL
- 7+ years of backend software development experience building time sensitive, highly reliable, mission-critical software (SaaS, cloud-native preferred)
- Hands-on experience with back-end software design and development with deep expertise in data, APIs, scalability, security, integrating cloud-based services (e.g. AWS EKS, IAM, S3), and 3rd party IdPs.
- 5+ years experience working with Postgre SQL or equivalent relational database systems and modern cloud components from the major platforms
- Passion for simplicity and collaboration
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn and teach new things
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience.