Headquarters: Remote Job Description – Senior Front End Engineer
We’re here to introduce the world to Bitcoin. Fold makes it easy to earn bitcoin, instead of airline miles and hotel points, on everyday purchases via our mobile app and the Fold Visa Debit Card. We’re growing like crazy with a loyal (and loud!) community which has generated a lot of buzz (Fortune, Bloomberg).
Fold’s Senior Front End Engineer will work alongside our leadership team to manage the development of the Fold Card. This position requires a thoughtful and enthusiastic professional who is passionate about creating best-in-class products and bringing the Fold’s vision for the card to life. How You’ll Drive the Development of the Fold Card
Why We’ll Love You
- Collaborate with an existing team of engineers remotely
- Determine structure and design of web and mobile applications, ensuring optimal user experience in all design choices
- Develop and enhance features to ensure exceptional user experience, striking balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Participate in epic, story and requirements definition
- Participate in daily scrums, weekly planning and other Agile/team-driven activities
- Build web applications, mobile applications, transactional systems, 3rd party integrations, internal tools, and other systems required for the operations of Fold products
- Produce, maintain and modify mobile applications, websites, and user interfaces
- Incorporate applications, graphics, audio and video into existing and new products
- Ensure products are accessible across platforms, including mobile, desktop and tablet
- Routinely test products for ease of use, speed, and other QA factors
- Ensure brand consistency is maintained across products and applications
- Other duties as assigned
Why You’ll Love Us
- You have experience building and launching consumer-focused products
- You’re familiar with best practices for product development across various methodologies, including Agile, Kanban and Lean UX, and in at least one core component of our stack
- You’re intellectually curious, comfortable rolling up your sleeves to find solutions and learn new things, with a focus on supporting the growth of the company
- You’re excited about our mission, and by the thought of disrupting legacy business models in the industry. Bonus points if you have experience working with bitcoin or interfacing with a lightning node, or working with e-commerce and/or payments products
- You have the drive to initiate and follow through on projects with little oversight, and the grit to work through obstacles while collaborating with the team
- You have a diverse background, working with cross-functional team to achieve goals
- You excel in communicating, as it is crucial to the smooth operation of our distributed team
Fold is fun. Our people are fun, our product is fun. We make financial freedom fun. We try to make our benefits fun, too!
Sr. Front End Engineer Requirements:
- We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote team
- Generous benefits, including paid parental leave, health, vision, dental insurance, and HSA/FSA and
- Generous 401k match
- Monthly work from home stipend
- Unlimited time off policy
- Yearly vacation stipend. We pay you to go on vacation, as long as you don’t do any work!
- Annual company retreats and optional mini onsites every quarter for our remote team to meet and cowork
- Do you hate Mondays? We close the office the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month and you’ll never have Monday meetings
- If you’re feeling spontaneous, spin on our “Spin and Go Weekend Wheel” during a weekly meeting and we’ll pay you to go travel that weekend wherever it lands.
- New to Bitcoin? We offer all our new hires a “starter pack” to get you up to speed, including learning materials about Bitcoin and your own hardware wallet.
- And much much more!
- 5+ years of React Native experience
- Unit testing using jest + react native testing library
- E2E testing with detox
- Software design patterns
- Redux toolkit – (Thunks, Slices and Middleware)
- React hooks
- Circle CI
- Clean code best practices
- Working in an Agile environment
- Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Interested in the position, but don’t meet all the requirements? We’d still love to meet you, and invite you to apply. Fold is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate against applicants for any reason.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/fold-inc-senior-front-end-engineer